We are looking for an experienced payroll accountant who serves as the primary payroll processor for bi-weekly payroll.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process bi-weekly multi-state payroll using ADP, US, Puerto Rico and USVI.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employees’ hourly rates, salaries, overtime, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholdings, address changes and other information.
- Ensures compliance with all governmental laws and policies.
- Knowledge of national and regional laws on payroll and taxes.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, and other deductions.
- Responsible for vacation and sick accruals
- Reconciles payroll registers to the general ledger and verifies withdrawals from bank statements agree to payroll reports.
- Verifies federal and state payroll tax deposits are made properly.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors.
- Ensures final employee payout are processed correctly, vacation payouts, employee reimbursements, etc.
- Prepares various financial audits and updates employee census information as required (w/c, 401K, etc.)
- During non-payroll weeks this position will handle payroll changes, employee location changes, resolves payroll issues, expense management and other accounting functions as needed.
- Other projects as assigned by the Controller
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to suit business needs
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels
- Detail-oriented and strong mathematical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Proficient with ADP and the ability to quickly learn payroll software and be able to make changes in the processes
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in accounting, finance or similar field.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least 2 years of experience in payroll using ADP Workforce Now
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred but not required.
Typical schedule would be working Monday through Friday day shift schedule with some overtime as required. Hours and days could change based on business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and skills required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities. This position reports to the Controller.