Looking to jump-start your career in the aviation industry? Work alongside our A&P mechanics and assist them in servicing, repairing and overhauling aircraft components.
We are seeking someone who is interested in the aviation industry and who may be looking to become an A&P mechanic in the future but doesn't have the certification or experience.
This job is a physically demanding job that involves bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, climbing stairs..etc, so we are looking for someone who is able to lift and carry between 20-50 lbs and up to 100lbs occasionally on their own and who can be on their feet for most of the workday. You will also be required to use safety equipment for handling hazardous materials should the need arise. You will also need to have visual acuity of 20/40 corrected and have the ability to distinguish color.
Assist Aircraft Mechanics in servicing, repairing, and overhauling of aircraft components.
- Follow technical instructions, and interpret engineering blueprints and technical terms.
- Discern the quality of parts and materials used in production.
- Inventory parts and tools used in the assembling process.
- Follow company procedures and directives.
- Test finished products for defects.
- Maintain the tools used to create products.
- Ensuring the correct tools and parts are available for mechanics during repairs.
- Keep a clean and well-maintained workspace including cleaning up before and after each repair.
- Communicate while working with mechanics, office staff and other internal/ external customers on the status of projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience working in the aviation industry or working toward obtaining A&P Certifications.
- Prior mechanical assembly experience.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain the appropriate security clearances and background checks.
- A normal range of pulmonary functions test is required and physiological determination of the ability to wear a respirator and other safety equipment as necessary.
- Ability to use required safety equipment for the handling of hazardous materials.
- Duties require typical bending, stooping, reaching, stretching, climbing stairs, etc., handling supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Visual Acuity must be a minimum of 20/40 corrected and must be able to distinguish color.
- Normal or corrected hearing.
- Lifting general between 20-50 pounds with occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds with or without assistance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities and skills required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.