Aircraft loaders are responsible for loading and unloading cargo for commercial aircraft.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Take work orders from pilots or supervisors and determine which aircraft have been assigned.
• Conduct a survey of assigned cargo to determine the time that will be required to conduct loading or unloading work.
• Lift and carry all cargo items from dollies to the airplane cargo area and ensure that all items are properly stacked and secured.
• Unload airplane cargo areas and move to staging areas.
• Ensure that cargo is distributed/stacked in a manner that maximizes space and balance the weight of the load.
• Determine both quantity and orientation of assigned cargo
- Previous warehouse, shipping/ receiving or aircraft loading experience would be highly beneficial
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to suit client needs
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.