Under general supervision the A&P Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance, modification and servicing of aircraft and aircraft components in accordance with manufacturer’s specification and FARS.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Perform routine scheduled maintenance and inspection of aircraft in accordance with ACC’s and current manufacturers specifications.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damages components.
- Modifies aircraft systems or components following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Assemble and install electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs to minimize aircraft downtime. Requires ability to travel.
- Review maintenance records and flight logs to schedule prescribed maintenance checks and overhauls.
- Process all necessary documentation and paperwork for processes completed.
- Follow all clean up and housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all quality, safety and sanitation regulations.
High School Diploma or equivalent
One to two years technical college/training or equivalent
FAA Airframe and Powerplant
Minimum Experience: Up to three to five years or more experience
Preferred Experience: Up to six years or more experience
Skills: Interpret drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft parts/components
Problem solving and independent decision making skills
Good communication skills
Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety
Machine Skills: Operate hand and power tools
Calculator, PC, telephone, and fax machine
Environmental Exposure to weather. Work may be performed out of doors
Physical Demands: Ability to climb ladders, sit stand crouch bend for extended periods
Vision Requirements: Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into
Communication: Communicate effectively with others in the work environment
and external customers
Representation: Represent the company in a professional and positive manner
Contacts: Exchange information with employees and external customers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an all inclusive list of all responsibilities and skills required for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.